Friday, October 2, 2009

I'm broke...where do I start?

Does it seem like when you start to get serious about improving your health, the obstacle you come up against is lack of money? You found a great supplement to give you more energy...it costs money. You heard about an amazing practitioner...who's outrageously expensive. You want to try the latest weight loss program...again, lots of money.

Don't get discouraged. If you are intent on improving your life, the great news is that there are many options that cost little or no money for getting started. Here are a few:

Tap into Your Thought Energy
The three methods I recommend the most for tapping into your bodies inherent ability to heal are, "Feelings Buried Alive" by Karol Truman; "You Can Heal Your Life" by Louise Hay; and Emotional Freedom Technique, detailed at emofree.com.

These methods teach you how to diagnose which thoughts and emotions are keeping you from health. They then give you strategies using affirmations, visualizations, and pressure points to release and change these patterns in your life. To start learning any of these three methods is to begin a lifelong journey of healing from the inside out.

Follow your gut. Of the three methods mentioned above, begin to research the one that sounds the most interesting, or has the strongest pull. It's probably the one you need now. Eventually you should become familiar with all three. Make healing thoughts a habit that stays with you for the rest of your life. It will impact every area of your life, spreading far past your health.

Reflexology and Essential Oils
These are two modalities of healing that bring subtly powerful results. They are relatively easy to learn how to use (at least the basics of them) and they are inexpensive.

I invested in a couple of reflexology books and use the methods shown in them on myself and my family. I have found it to be most effective when I target one specific health issue and use the reflexology most every day for a couple of weeks, or longer if necessary.

Essential oils are inexpensive and long lasting. There are many websites and books that teach the most beneficial ways to use them. There are starting to be more home based businesses involving essential oils and sometimes you can find a local expert to support you as you learn to use them.

Educate Yourself
Early in my journey of taking my health into my own hands, I took an evening away from my family and spent a couple of hours at Barnes and Noble in the health section. I pulled dozens of books off the shelf, any that looked interesting to me. At the end of my evening, I still had almost two dozen books. I followed my gut, and narrowed it down to just a few, and purchased one book that night.

That book was called, "The pH Miracle" by Robert O. Young, and I still count it as one of my favorite health books. But the point I want to make here, is that by taking the time to do this, I came away with many book ideas which I checked out from my library and worked my way through.

You can spend time online if you prefer, but take advantage of any method you can to improve your knowledge and understanding of how the body works, of healing, and of health.

Do the Basics
Get disciplined and start doing the basics. Pick one thing a week to start with, get a support group, make yourself a sticker chart if you have to, but start taking better care of yourself. You know what you need to work on. Here are some ideas:
  • Go to bed earlier!!! Our bodies cleanse and detox while we sleep.
  • Drink more water. (and less soda!)
  • Eat more fruits and veggies (this will impact your grocery budget, but not as much as many supplements).
  • Do a cleanse. Again, this will cost some money, but there are inexpensive options.
  • Eliminate sugar and white flour from your diet.
  • Get active, get exercising!
  • Get some basic supplements. Everyone should be on a good multi-vitamin/mineral supplement. We should all be taking essential fatty acids (you can take flax oil or fish oil). We should all be taking probiotics to help with our digestion. Each of these is relatively inexpensive as far as supplements go and would probably make a world of difference.
If you begin to feel that it is important for you to do something for you health that costs money you do not currently have, begin to visualize having that which you need. Be sure to feel all the emotions of gratitude and excitement. You will be surprised the way things will work in your behalf!

No comments: